A PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN COMPANY.
Definition Automation strives to provide the most modern, high-quality, and cost-effective TV lift solutions in the marketplace. Definition Automation was previously known as Definition Projection Screens, where we solely manufactured a full range of projection screens for both the corporate and home theater market, from 2000 – 2006.
During this period the owner, Stuart Tayler, became interested in TV automation and started designing projector and TV lifts, with each mechanism custom manufactured to the client’s specifications. Since then we have grown from strength to strength, establishing ourselves as the leader in TV lifts and audio visual automation in South Africa.
Since our inception, we have worked tirelessly to establish our reputation as a reliable and service friendly company, while paying special attention to detail, quality, innovation and aesthetically pleasing designs. Fulfilling our social responsibility, we strive to develop unskilled persons into skilled artisans, providing them with unique opportunities for hands-on training in a highly technical environment to enable future growth prospects within the industry.
A proudly South African company, our innovative designs are locally manufactured at our factory in Somerset West, Western Cape.
OVER THE YEARS INCLUDE:
- Manufacturing and installing 76 monitor lifts, 5 projector lifts and 4 flap-out fixed frame projection screens for the Standard Bank head office.
- Manufacturing Ottoman lifts for Delaire Graff Wine Estate.
- Supplying over 150 monitor lifts, to the Bank of Lesotho, Department of Tourism, Cliff Dekker Hofmeyer Attorneys and the American Consulate.
- Commissioned to produce and install monitor and TV lifts for the President and Deputy President parliamentary offices and press-room in Cape Town.
- Custom designed double-sided monitor lifts for MTN’s head office.
- Designing and producing fully automated lecterns, with integrated document cameras, for the University of Cape Town lecture rooms.
- Being commissioned by the American Embassy in Cape Town to custom-build a 100” TV lift for the reception area.
Shipping World Wide
Although our client base is primarily from South Africa, some of our other projects have extended as far as United Kingdom, United Sates, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Namibia, Ghana, Nigeria, Seychelles, Mauritius and most recently Macau in Hong Kong.